Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Strange Voices and The Feeling of Energy

Over the past few days, I have had quite a bit of activity in my home. More interestingly, the activity is of the more dramatic kind. Two things have happened over the last 3 or 4 days, and it is kind of baffling me.

One I mentioned at the end of my last post. It was when I was in bed, had just closed my eyes and try to fall asleep, when I felt the feeling rush over me, like energy and when I tried to move, it was like moving through molasses. The feeling I described as butterflies, but that doesn't quite do it justice. You can feel the movement of it, like you would imagine buzzing or humming to feel like, without the sound. Then eventually when I guess I had struggled enough, it let go. It felt like hours, but I would really say, it was probably 4 - 5 minutes in total.

Another interesting point, is I was speaking to my neighbour and friend about this experience. She is well versed on my house and has had her own experiences there. The reason I was telling her the story though, was because she has had a bit of experience, growing up in a haunted home until she was 18 years old and I had never been more aware of the feeling than I was this time. When I described the feeling, she said "I know exactly what you mean!" She then gave me her own description of how it felt and told me something I found very fascinating. She said whenever she encountered this in her childhood home, she would be awake and would actually walk through it. She said when she did, she could feel the "buzzing" although there was no sound and as she moved through it, her movements became slower and she had to push really hard to get through this unseen "energy". She said, as a kid, she thought it was like a game, but felt it had something to do with the haunting in her home.

I know there is a common argument out there about sleep paralysis and I do acknowledge that my symptoms are similar. This is something that commonly happens when falling asleep or upon waking, where an individual cannot move, sometimes experiences pain when trying to move and sometimes has quite vivid hallucinations that seem real, or a feeling of a presence watching over them while they are paralyzed. What I had experienced on Monday could well have been sleep paralysis. It usually happens to me more in the middle of the night though, when I am completely asleep. I've never had this experience before living in this house, and since there is other activity in the home, I am kind of skeptical of it having nothing at all to do with my unseen companion! Still the argument is out there, so I will let you, the reader decide!

After the Monday night paralysis party in my bedroom and the fact that I slept with one eye open for the rest of the night, I was very tired and cranky on Tuesday. I worked all day long, only thinking of sleep, then drove the 40 minutes to my home, just looking forward to getting into my bed and not caring about ghosts or anything else for that matter. Well, all I can say was that definitely was not in the cards for me. I had to make dinner, change the laundry and direct the 3 teenagers to do the multiple chores they had forgotten to do while I was at work, because I think my computer and their Ipods had paralyzed their brains. Still, while I was cleaning up and barking orders, my oldest daughter mentioned something to me. She said she had gone to take a nap after school (God, I wished at that moment I was her...) and she hadn't been sleeping for that long when she heard her name being called. She thought it may have been her brother from downstairs, and so she ignored it. Then, she heard it again and again and since it was interfering with her peaceful nap (...I was jealous at this point...) She woke up, laid there and heard it again, while she was wide awake and when she heard it the last time, she said the voice sounded very strange.

I asked if the voice was male or female, and she said "Mom, it sounded so weird, I couldn't tell!"At this point she knew nothing about my experience the night before. She was a little scared and unnerved, but I reassured her that all was well. She said she really didn't like the sound of the voice.

Last night as I sat on my front steps while drinking a tea, I heard the whisper of my name. At this point, I just got up and left the steps, went back inside and called a friend. I eventually made it up to bed and passed out, because I was too tired to stay awake but it took a lot of watching TV to get there. So there was the second experience. Two different times we heard voices.

Now I have heard voices here before, as well as the kids (not crazy, I promise) and there is one thing I have noticed. There is usually something wrong with the voice your are hearing. Sometimes it's too loud, it sounds modulated and strange, it's in some sort of gibberish or you can't define what it's saying. It's always simple communication. Never lengthy sentences and other than names, it isn't saying much. Sometimes it is just a yell.

We have also had small incidents of voice mimicking. Where the kids are answering me, but I hadn't said anything or I am answering them and they never said anything. It doesn't happen often and hasn't happened for awhile, but it is also a strange phenomenon. Not one that I like to happen though.

Anyways, it's been a long journey, but I hope I am getting closer to finding a solution. A friend of mine has mentioned she knows a reputable psychic, and I will see if I can get him in here, as well as going to find the Land Transfer Office and finding the paperwork on previous owners. I tried many years ago, but was not able to get a proper printout from their computer.

Wish me luck and send me your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. Hello =) interesting blog you have.. though it did scare me a little!! haha..

    good luck in finding a solution soon =D
    take care..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I'm hoping the blog helps me find some people with solutions to this weird problem! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete